Micro-consulting is designed for clients who need just-in-time UX expertise without committing to a larger consulting engagement.
How much does it cost?
- $300 for 1 hour online meeting + half hour followup.
What can you do in an hour?
More than you might expect. Here are some ideas:
- Help develop an RFP for UX research or design work
- Kick-start a design discovery process
- Help refine a UX job description, or define responsibilities for new team members
- Provide quick-hit usability feedback on a website or application
- Help plan a (re)design process
- Recommend UX research or design methods
- Provide feedback on data analysis and reporting approaches
- Provide feedback on design alternatives
- Provide a second opinion on a contentious issue
- Help vet an agency or consultancy being considered for a high profile project, and/or
- Help decide whether you need more consulting help
What do you know about?
I (Eva Kaniasty) have been doing UX consulting since 2010, so I have quite a few projects under my belt (coming up on 80). Some topics I have hands-on experience with:
- User research methods (user interviews, usability testing, field studies, surveys)
- Content strategy (information architecture, content audits, navigation design and testing)
- Usability reviews (usability and accessibility standards, design patterns)
- UX strategy (for products or organizations)
- UX education or training
- UX resources (books on many topics)
Where do I sign up?
- Schedule an appointment online, or email email@example.com.
- Unless other arrangements are made, sessions are payable by Paypal on the day of the scheduled session.
How should I prepare?
The more information you can bring to the table, the better the advice I can provide. To ensure that we are spending our time efficiently, bring one big question or problem and as much context and background information as you have available.
Meetings can be recorded for client use if desired, including a verbal confidentiality statement.